Architect: Frank Worthington Simon, England
Frank Worthington Simon trained at the Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris. He won the prestigious international competition for the best design for the new Legislature. The Beaux-Arts design was widely admired for grand buildings in North America prior to World War One.
Construction began in 1913, was delayed by World War One and had progressed enough to partially open in 1919. The building is 250,000 square feet, and a total height of 242 feet.